What is Application Maintenance?
Application maintenance is essential work that needs to be carried out on a software application so it can continue to function reliably and securely.
Application & Software Support Services
Once applications are delivered, we don’t just walk away – we’re in it for the long-term. Even if a client is not an existing ICodeDigita customer we can take any application or system and provide full, consistent and dedicated support for the remainder of its life.
For existing clients, our support agreements are integrated with the software we provide. This means clients get full, uninterrupted access to our support organisation from the moment the system is launched.
We work to an agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA), which means we’re committed to responding to client needs quickly through our in-house front-line support team and our development & QA team.
At ICodeDigita, we take pride in being able to help anyone who reaches out to us. Whether we developed their software or not, we can take it on and provide comprehensive support. With over 25 years of experience, our experts are excited to learn new systems and technologies, so regardless of how complex an application is, we have the expertise to provide the perfect support and maintenance. This positive attitude allows us to take over the systems of many businesses and ensure a smooth transition with continued, unparalleled support.
There are lots of reasons why bespoke software projects fail, or your new software isn’t fit for purpose; but the fallout is usually that you’re left in a mess with an incomplete or failing system and a business that’s suffering as a result. Your priority is to get things back on track – and fast!
We have helped a variety of different clients, both large and small, recover from troubling situations such as:
- Offshore outsourced projects that are poor quality or unfinished
- Software produced that isn’t fit for purpose
- Development companies or developers going out of business mid-project
- A developer is an independent consultant and has moved on
- Falling out with a development company or developer due to project slippage or poor quality
- Software produced uses bad or outdated programming languages
Our experts can quickly get to the root of any problem, explain what has happened and devise a plan of action to rectify the issues efficiently. This means our clients can focus on the day-to-day running of their business whilst we handle the technical challenges.
Some of the ways we have rescued software projects include:
- Recovering “lost” source code from compiled executables or web servers
- Rebuilding broken source code repositories so in-house teams can work on the system again
- Tuning poorly performing databases
- Taking on old systems written in obsolete programming languages, maintaining them and then updating them with new technology
- Rewriting or fixing bugs in poor quality systems
- Documenting code
- Decoding complicated binary files so our customer can read and process supposedly lost data
Application Support Process
Our dedicated helpdesk support staff log and track all support and development change requests in our in-house online helpdesk system. If the support team is unable to answer the query or solve the problem immediately, or if it involves a new feature development, they will escalate the ticket to a member of the Development or Quality Assurance (QA) team. This will ensure that any issue is quickly resolved or implemented by the right in-house specialist.